Participation in this seminar will better enable learners to:
- Explore the implications for malpractice liability resulting from key functionalities of EMR systems, including templates and copy and paste functionalities.
- Discuss how the EMR is redesigning medical liability by modifying the way in which courts determine the standard of care.
- Provide case examples to illustrate and reinforce how the EMR can lead to medical malpractice.
- Review best documentation practices in an EMR. How to make certain your documentation is compliant. Describe how clinicians can protect themselves by managing and mitigating EMR risks.
- Discuss how the EMR has changed documentation and communication.