The American College of Obstetricians and Gynecologists (ACOG) created a series of FAQs and resources to assist healthcare providers in their practice during the COVID-19 pandemic. ACOG continues to update the information as they learn more about how COVID-19 affects women’s health care. They have recently updated and revised their FAQs. Additionally, ACOG just launched a new COVID-19 Advocacy Center to help providers learn more about the comprehensive resources available.
The obstetric FAQs address and revise considerations such as:
- Key factors in consideration or application of universal diagnostic testing in labor and delivery.
- Management of thromboprophylaxis for pregnant and postpartum patients.
- Use of nitrous oxide during labor.
- Tranexamic acid (TXA) for the treatment of postpartum hemorrhage.
The gynecology FAQs include:
- Testing before a gynecologic procedure, if a patient reports a positive antibody test.
Below, please find the links to these ACOG FAQs and resources: